There are many ways you can get involved in military and veteran communities. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Sponsor a VetRewards Card for a wounded veteran. To do so, click here.
- Veterans Advantage profiles military and veteran organizations that are advocating for U.S. military service personnel (current and former) and their families. We call these organizations and charities "Sites of Distinction," and have compiled them in a list. We suggest browsing through them to get an idea of what kind of volunteer work and donation opportunities are available.
- Reach out locally. Sometimes getting involved is as easy as connecting with local organizations or spending time with local veterans and military families. Check out our list of state by state veteran benefits, which can provide a great starting point for identifying the programs in your state.
- Support veteran-owned or veteran-operated businesses, both locally and nationally, or support businesses that give hiring preference to veterans. It's an easy way to ensure that your money goes back into programs and businesses that support veterans.
- Thank a U.S. service person — it's a simple gesture with a profound meaning.